I am a consultant in the Advisory Services practice of EY. I have experience with IT controls, information security, program management, design, and communications. Prior to joining EY, I provided design (web, print, graphic) services and guidance on digital communication strategy for Fortune 100 clients.
September 2010 - June 2014
University of Washington, Michael G. Foster School of Business
Bachelor of Arts (BA), Business Administration: Information Systems
Graduated with magna cum laude honors (top 3.5% of class), achieving an overall GPA of 3.89.
July 2017 - Present
Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) - Passed exam with a score in the top 5% of participants.
Managing several interrelated IT projects from end to end, ensuring overall value for the organization is maximized.
Evaluation of an organization's information technology infrastructure, policies and operations as it relates to the organization's financial statement. Control types include: access management, change management, IT operations, security configuration, entity level controls, and automated business controls.
Third Party Reporting Attestations
Evaluation of an organization's information technology infrastructure, policies and operations as it relates to the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of customer's data. Control types include: information security (encryption, data management), public key infrastructure, access management, change management, and business continuity management.
Front-end (client side) design of small to medium sized business websites, enabling brands to communicate their story via the web.
Targeted, measurable, and interactive marketing of products or services using digital technologies to reach potential customers and retain them.
Hobbies & Interests
July 2014 - Present Risk Assurance IT Consultant
Program Management & Consulting
Managed the IT SOX and Privacy program for three separate business units of a Fortune 100 Technology corporation. Primary functions included:
‣ IT Control Gap Analysis
‣ IT Control Design and Implementation
‣ Process Narrative Documentation
‣ Remediation Process Design
‣ Management IT Audit Support
Developed and led a quarterly IT SOX Monitoring Program to ensure ongoing effectiveness of the control environment with a primary focus on cloud computing security controls as well as high-risk automated business controls
Developed and presented three separate training programs for an audience of over 30, detailing PCAOB-driven guidelines (IPE / Agile / Access Management)
Consulted with Senior Management and designed controls for applications residing on a cloud computing/storage platform
Supported the development of a data privacy program to enable compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Primary functions included:
‣ Establishment of Governance
‣ Privacy Control Design
‣ Audit Execution Strategy Development
Performed numerous SOX 404 audits and Financial Statement audits for corporations in the Technology, Biopharmaceutical, Manufacturing, and Gaming sectors. Primary functions included:
‣ Control design and operating effectiveness testing related to access management, change management, IT operations, security configuration, entity level controls, and automated business controls.
‣ Leading process walkthrough meetings with process owners to identify potential risks within the IT environment, and IT controls which address such risk.
‣ Technologies: Oracle E-Business Suite, SAP, UNIX, Sage, OS/400, Mainframe, SQL DB, Windows Server.
Third Party Reporting Attestations
Performed multiple third party reporting attestation projects for a Fortune 100 Cloud Service provider, including SOC 1, SOC 2, SOC 3, and WebTrust for CA. Primary functions included:
‣ Control design and operating effectiveness testing related to confidentiality, availability, and integrity of data. Controls related to: information security (encryption, data management), public key infrastructure, access management (both logical and physical), change management, and business continuity management.
January 2010 - June 2014 Co-Founder, Lead Designer
Co-founded a design, development, and web hosting services provider. Primary functions included:
‣ Managed a client base of over 200 small to medium sized businesses
‣ Managed web and graphic design projects utilizing MS Excel, MS Project, and Google Docs
‣ Researched and successfully targeted the high end restaurant market segment for web design
‣ Approved and active as a Themeforest author for businesses around the world
April 2013 - October 2013 Junior Graphic Designer
Served as the Junior Designer for a Seattle based startup design firm in a team of four. Primary functions included:
‣ Collaborated with a local boutique consulting firm on keynote address slide decks, web design, digital marketing, and communication strategy for notable Fortune 500 companies
‣ Attended and spoke in an RFP pitch meeting for a design project worth over $500k per year
‣ Awarded 50% pay raise after less than a month of full time work based on performance
‣ Translated business strategy and brand objectives into strategic design and communication